The Arts Council of the Thousand Islands (ACOTTI) seeks an enthusiastic and organized individual take over the role of Program Coordinator June 15, 2017. The candidate has the opportunity to be mentored by the current Program Coordinator to ensure a smooth transition and adequate preparation for the position.
The Arts Council of the 1000 Islands is a volunteer driven, not for profit organization that serves to support artists and arts organizations in the 1000 Islands Region.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for organizing a minimum of three events in a fiscal year that serve the needs of our member and support the mission of the organization. Events include but are not limited to: workshops, seminars, socializing and promotional opportunities, collaborations with other arts or cultural groups, awards, fundraisers, etc.
This includes working with a team of volunteers to select themes of importance to the membership; organizing dates, venues, guest speakers, refreshments, general logistics and schedules for each event; evaluating strengths of each program and identifying areas of improvement.
The Program Coordinator reports to the Board of Directors and works closely with the Communications Coordinator.
Skills and Experience that would be an asset to this volunteer position are:
- An appreciation for a variety of art forms
- Organization and coordination skills
- Working effectively with diverse populations; particularly as it relates to working with the Board of Directors, other committees, volunteers, potential sponsors, membership, the media.
- Record maintenance; particularly as it relates to planning and coordination, volunteer hours, expenses.
- Developing potential funding and membership opportunities
- Computer skills and a willingness to learn new applications
- May 18 “CHAIR-ity” Auction
- June 6 “Creative Collaborations” and AGM
For more information about ACOTTI visit us on Face Book (The Arts Council of the Thousand Islands) or at www.acotti.ca
Interested applicants should contact the Board of Directors by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at: 613-704-4410. Please include your name, contact information, and a brief description of your background and interest in volunteering for this exciting opportunity. We look forward to working with you!